If you can answer “yes” to all 10 of these questions, you are ready for the commitment it takes for a successful coaching experience with me:
1. Are you willing to make the coaching process an investment in yourself? Do you view it as part of a long-term approach to creating changes in your life? You are not just looking for a quick fix.
2. Do you believe coaching is the appropriate process for the changes you want to make (as opposed to therapy or a 12-step program or a social chat)?
3. Are you ready to do the work necessary to get to where you want to be? Are you open and ready to partner in a co-designed, customized process that moves you forward?
4. Will you take responsibility to bring the agenda to each call? To have ready an issue that helps you move your goals forward. You will not abdicate this to the coach.
5. Are you willing to examine & change any underlying assumptions that may be creating a barrier to your success?
6. Do you accept responsibility for your actions & for being a partner in the co-active process? Meaning, you will not expect the Coach to “fix” you or have the golden answers!
7. Are you willing and able to be completely truthful with your coach and are you ready to hear the truth about your impact even if it’s uncomfortable?
8. Are you willing to experiment with new behaviors and approaches when your coach asks? Even if they aren’t completely comfortable or you are not convinced at the time that they will make a difference?
9. Are you able & ready to commit the time needed to make and keep scheduled coaching appointments & to do the home work you agree to? Do you understand that the real work happens between calls?
10. Are you willing to be responsible enough to speak up anytime when you are not experiencing safety or feel that you am not being heard? Do you commit to doing work that you are intended to do?